Things you should know:
- I was born and raised in Drake’s very own Toronto.
- I LOVE my city. The amazing vegetarian food. The free festivals and events that always seem to be going on. The Toronto Raptors. The views of the CN Tower and city skyline. The hometown pride.
- My preferred ways of spending a Saturday night are (in no particular order): Going to a new, cute restaurant that happens to have some great veggie options. Heading into the city to check out whatever festival or event is going on that weekend. Hearing some live music. Having drinks while watching YouTube videos with my nearest and dearest.
- In 2014 I took a trip to Peru, saw some amazing views (like the one above) and met a boy.
- That boy was from Melbourne, Australia.
- After a year of long-distance dating, followed by him moving to Toronto for a year and a half, we now reside in Melbourne.
Here enters the blog.
This blog grew out of a desire to share what it’s like to start over in a new city. The ups and the downs. Becoming a beach person. The search for the best veggie sushi. And the overall struggles of trying to figure out where I fit in as I explore this diverse city and all that it has to offer.